We Are Hiring !
DownsizeSale helps people selling their goods from downsizing or estate settlements. We use our own online auction platform to conduct the auctions, and winning bidders pickup items from client’s location with the supervision of DownsizeSale’s local team.
ONLINE AUCTION OPERATION MANAGER
DownsizeSale is seeking a full time manager in Regina SK to run day to day operations of their Online Auction Events. This involves the following steps:
- Receive lead from Head Office and review services offered with clients over the phone to make recommendations of which tier of service would be most suitable
- Review client supplied photos or visit the client to assess their items for suitability with our services
- Develop contract and upon approval, conduct site visit to photography all items
- Upload all photos (taken at their home) to our inventory management system
- Create descriptions (copywriting), measurements, condition.
- Post items on various classifieds and social media sites to market the auction
- Upon completion, handle post auction inquiries to purchase items and process payment online.
- Organize the sold and unsold items to facilitate pickup.
- Manage the pickup from client’s location (usually home) for 3-4 hours on a Saturday or Sunday.
- Manage the sold and unsold inventory on our database.
- Notify sellers of what has sold and make pickup arrangements for unsold items for donation or dump.
- Submit all paperwork to accounting for reconciliation and job costing.
You will use a part time helper to assist with certain aspects of the job. This is an autonomous position so once fully trained, much of the time can be done from a home based office. You will receive a base salary plus monthly profit sharing based on the frequency and profitability of our auctions.
Requirements to be considered – you must:
- be legally able to work in Canada for a full time position. Those with temporary work visas will not be considered
- be a very organized individual as you will need to do inventory management for several clients’ items simultaneously
- be a multi-tasker capable of following a strict (yet flexible) process
- have strong written communication skills for ecommerce content and be able to research items online for descriptions as required
- be ambitious, driven to succeed and self-motivated
- excel at customer service
- be very comfortable using technology such as websites, and social media
- have the flexibility in schedule to be able to conduct pickups on weekends
- have your own vehicle
- have a reasonable eye for home decor and photography as good imagery increases bid prices.
In your cover letter, please include why this position appeals to you and what makes you the best candidate to be hired.
This is a full time job.
To apply, email us your resume and cover letter.
SUPERVISION of PREVIEW AND PICKUP ROLES AT DownSizeSale.com
Working as a team, typically during the evenings or weekends, you will supervise the removal of items. You should have access to a car or public transit if you live in a metro (we pay mileage over 50 miles / 80 km round trip).
This is a part-time job.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND CATALOGING ROLES AT DownSizeSale.com
Working as a team, typically during the day on weekdays, you will photograph and catalog decades of belongings efficiently and reliably at the client’s site. You should have access to a car (we pay mileage over 50 miles / 80 km round trip). As a photographer, you have a good camera (with lots of battery and a large memory card). As a cataloger, you have your own Apple device (iPhone or iPad) to use our cataloging app.
This is a part-time job.